Thursday, September 10, 2009

two of a kind

Jake must've felt bad for me, being an invalid with my broken arm and all, so he decided to take the attention off my arm and get into a motorcycle wreck (which by the way is a better story than falling while watering flowers) land on his head (thank goodness for his helmet) and have the bike land on his foot to tear his achilles heel. So he is sporting and big ankle brace and has to have crutches.
He waited a week an a half (no surprise) to go get it checked out. After he did a barn raising with his bro's and dad, standing on his feet for 12 hours for 3 days, he decided it kindof hurts so he better check it out and that is what he finds out.
So if I can't do something around the house with my crippled arm and go to ask Jake...oh but wait...he can't walk on his foot!
Hopefully I get my cast off in a week and we will know today what the protocol is with his foot and his tear in his achilles heel. Keep you posted.


it may come to be that Jake's motorbike is his achilles heel. (haha)

3 comments:

Megan said...

So sorry. Hope you two recover fast!

Anonymous said...

Wow Jake....first time I've heard of this. I think I've talked to you every day at work but you've never mentioned a motorcycle wreck. Hope you are on the mend in no time. You two better take it easy!

Kelly Louder said...

Oh man. That sucks. Who carries rhen between the crutches and the cast? You're going to have to get a leash for him!