Back in the day Hudson and Carol used to take all of us out to some far off place in the forest to get some firewood to heat our home during the winter. Stacie and I have never had a wood stove and I guess we didn't know what we were missing. We love having a wood burning stove in the house in the winter, and we've found that Stacie is a bit of a Pyro. She just has a knack for starting a good fire in our stove without any kind of petroleum product they taught me to use in boy scouts. Lucky for us we have quite a few trees that have passed away and need to be removed and the fireplace is an excellent place to put them.
This past week grandma and grandpa were out getting their own firewood, so we decided to help. I was phsyced to take my son out to get some firewood like the good 'ol days, and do our duty to help the forest service remove the dead trees. The forest around here has taken a beating from some pesky beetles killing all the pines. Rhen was excited to go, but then immediately fell asleep in the back of the truck and slept through most of the action. Poor kid wasn't feeling well, but just didn't want to miss it. When he finally did wake up, we just couldn't load the trailer without him helping. He loves to help out with whatever I am working on, and I love his help.
No comments:
Post a Comment