Ever since I met Stacie 18 years ago she has had an unusual quirk. Whenever we get pizza she will peel off the cheese and toppings and just eat the crust with a little sauce on top. So it's technically not a pizza anymore. More like slightly sauced flat bread. Now you'd think this would be advantageous for me because i could get whatever pizza I want since she'll only eat the crust anyway. Nope, if she is going to remove the cheese and toppings, the pizza really should be just ham with fresh tomatoes - apparently it just tastes better that way (after you take everything off). This never bothered me, it's just one of those quirks that makes her who she is and I love her for it. Luckily for me, pizza with ham and fresh tomatoes is my favorite.The other day we took the family to dinner at the pizza place where Stacie and I met a long time ago. Half way through the meal I looked around the table and Stacie, Addie, Chloe and Elsie all had a pile of cheese and ham on their plates. They were just finishing up their crust. Ironically, Rhen would love to eat their cheese and ham, but he is Lactose intolerant. We were going to get him a sweater vest and pocket protector to wear with that condition, but we decided that's stereotype-ism and we won't be a part of that system.
This story reminds me of the time we went to dinner with the Cochran's in St George and Stacie ordered a Quesadilla without the cheese. The waitress was completely confused and said, "So you just want a tortilla?" We all had a good laugh about that one. I think she ended up with just, like a salad.
There's just no one quite like Stacie. Love ya Stac, I'm not even kidding.
No comments:
Post a Comment