Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Weekend

We had an opportunity to spend a little time in WY with family to frame up a redwood greenhouse for the folks. It was cold and a little rainy, but you can't beat the fresh air or the views. This is what we ended up with at the end of the day.

We took a little ride up to Cottonwood Lake and considered the rope swing, but spent too much time using winches and snatch blocks to pull my 4wheeler out of the deep snow i got it buried in. I was really stuck. Everyone gave me a hard time about it, but I contest it was the price I paid by blazing a trail for the rest of them to get through. And it was pretty funny hearing Stacie refer to the winch as a wench. Two very different things - one gets you into serious trouble, the other gets you out.

On the way home Stacie got a little too agressive and went over the handlebars while blasting through some snow. I think Rhen gets his dare devil-ness from her. She's a bit sore now, but very pleased she wore a helmet purchased at Pure Offroad otherwise it would have been much more painful for all of us 'cause we can't live without her.

3 comments:

Mandy D said...

I am glad you are okay Stacie! I am so glad you guys are able to do all these things as a family again.

Gram & Gramp England said...

Thanks for your help with the Red-Greenhouse! I think you landed the designated saw-yer cause of your bad ankle on the last project and your precision cuts. Now for me - I have been demoted to GO-FER - which I actually am quite happy with! Glad Stacie is OK!
dad

Kelly Louder said...

Ha ha! Looks fun!