Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What we've been up to.

Not much really. Summer has been great, but passing quickly. My sister Kell came up the other week and took some pics of the fam. I think she gets better every time she takes our pictures. Thanks a lot Kelly! We really appreciate it, even more since you shouldn't have been up and about. Our kids are growing so fast it's scary.





I asked Kell to take some pics of Stac so I can have a pic of my Lady on my desktop. I might just wallpaper the long wall in my office with this pic. I'm sure Stac would like to see herself billboard size when she stops by.


In other news, we continue to do things from time to time. The other day we took the kids on a walk by the river.

Then we went camping and forgot to take any pics of our kids having fun in the forest, but managed to take this one of the sunset one rainy night. The pic didn't turn out, but the scenery in person was very nice.

While camping we stopped in at the [very happening] Star Valley Fair. Elsie and Rhen hit a bunch of exciting rides. Chloe was very disappointed because the little rides were boring, and she is just shy of the height minimum for the bigger ones so she was pretty bored with the whole thing, and quite irritated that she hasn't grown more. Dang chemo.


Thanks to Addie's willingness to babysit from time to time [thanks Ads] I've been able to get Stacie out for some fun. This is her riding her bike on a trail. The are also some trees and sage brush nearby in this photo.

She likes to go fast.

At home we've learned an important lesson that buying a swingset and spending 2 days assembling it wasn't really necessary. All we needed to do was take the top of the old FJ40 and park it in the garage. They have gotten way more use out of the fj the last several weeks than they ever have in the swingset. They never want me to drive it to work because they want to play in it during the day. Rhen and Elsie spend hours in it playing and swinging on the roll bar. One night I found Addie relaxing in the back reading a book. Rhen is especially attached to it. The other day when I was leaving to work he was yelling at me, "Daaad, don taka my FJ40!" I thought i'd pass it down to him eventually, but at 2 yrs old? He's a little optimistic.

And finally, just a few months before he is too old for nursury at church, he decided he'd go the other day and didn't put up a fight. I did have to bribe him with a dewskie which I've been reprimanded for doing... but it worked. Even still, I don't have a whole lot of confidence that he will go as easily next time.

He also learned how to put on his belt by himself and was very proud.

3 comments:

Gram & Gramp England said...

Nice family pics! Cute kids!

Darin and Joanna said...

I love the family pictures! They turned out very cute! I agree you should billboard size Stacie!

B said...

Hi! I'm Stacie's friend from childhood! Our family wants some pictures and I love what your sister has done. Could you send me her contact info? You can send it to bhartmann2@msn.com
Thanks!
Barbara Salisbury Hartmann