Tuesday, December 28, 2010

14 Years of Bliss

It's crazy how fast time flies. 18 Years ago Stacie and I went on our first date. She wore a faded denim button up shirt with a white banana republic t-shirt beneath, worn out boy style jeans and brown boots. That was a super cool outfit back in the 90's and she rocked it. She smelled of everything lovely, had a rad personality and I was hooked. Four years later and 14 Yrs ago today, Stac and I got hitched. Seems like yesterday and all of the sudden we have 5 kids. Seriously, I just double checked by counting them on my fingers - we really do have five.

Being married to Stacie has been like the perfect cup of cocoa when its really windy and cold outside. You know how it is when it's just a really good cup? Right from the first sip you know you got a good one. It instantly puts a smile on your face and makes you feel safe, warm and cozy. You forget everything cold, windy and lousy outside and you just feel great - that everything is going to be alright. Every chocolaty smooth sip gets a little bit sweeter as you go. I'm going to savor this one for as long as I can.

Love Ya Cakes. Happy Anniversary!



This is Stac sipping her own cup of cocoa on the Ferry early one frigid, windy, cold morning off the Isle of Skye, Scotland.

5 comments:

Kelly Louder said...

I love that you posted this about your wife. You are a sweetie! She is definatly a keeper!

mallari said...

poetry brother, poetry.

Z

Gram & Gramp England said...

Jake - you're making me look bad - can't you forget your anniversary next year or something - ha ha. Mom reads and just wish's I were more like you.
dad

Stacie said...

boy I should have paid you more to say that cause it just sounded good :). That was so sweet of you Jake, love you right back

Gram & Gramp England said...

Nice Pic Stacie!
gpa