Sunday, February 12, 2012

The John Deere


I never envisioned myself as a John Deere type of guy. I don't think Stacie did when she married me either. I grew up in the country and always wanted to move back. But it wasn't for the typical reasons a lot of people do. I'm not a farmer and I'm not a horse guy. I just like being surrounded by nature instead of vinyl fences and pavement. This is one of the reasons we ended up moving to the place we did. We wanted a few acres, but not  a few acres of weeds. So I was very pleased when we found our little chunk of forest here in WY. We've enjoyed living here, but it does come with some caveats. One is you have to have some equipment to keep your road clean in the winter. Enter the John Deere. a couple of years ago I found a really good deal on this barely used JD. It was more tractor than I thought I wanted - and about a year premature - but compared to other machines I was looking at, it was just too good of deal to pass up. My dad and I ended up driving a few hours south to pick this up and haul it home. I've already used this tractor for many different things around our property. It's actually really fun to drive this thing, move dirt gravel rocks and snow around where you want it. There is something manly about it. It's pretty much a man's toy. One that I never thought I'd want. But I do. And when you have a drive 3 times as long as you can see in this photo, it's kind of a necessity.


No comments: