I'm going to go ahead and add to the blog here because I'm in the Onc. Clinic with Chloe and pretty bored. We left late this morning because I lost track of the time. With the storm I thought for sure we would be late, but the roads weren't too bad and we made it on time. Apparently it took us just as long to get here from Logan as it took our Doc to get from 60th south.
We just got back from getting an xray to check out her chest and organs. They want to make sure there hasn't been damage from the steroids and other meds she has to take. I don't think her bone marrow doc has had a chance to take a look at it yet, but so far everything looks good.
She just started a 2 hour antibody infusion which made her feel very ill with lots of stomach pain. We had to stop the infusion and give her some meds which seemed to work, hopefully when the antibodies start back up in a minute she'll do ok. The infusion is to help build her immune system back up with antibodies that aren't carried over very well with a bone marrow transplant. She gets these every couple of months, but has never felt this bad when getting it.
Soon as the antibodies are done she gets a sack of some kind of bone density increasing drug - sorry I can't remember the name. It's another 2 hr infusion. I think they plan to punchture the bottom of a gallon vitamin D milk with an IV tube (maybe egg nog since it's Christmas) - but I'm probably wrong. She needs this because some patients in the past have had to have joint replacements due to extended use of steroids that bone marrow transplant patients almost always have. So hopefully this infusion will decrease her chances of having joint issues. Seems like by treating a life threatening problem you become susceptible to a bunch of other problems.
1 comment:
Wow! What a day! Doesn't sound like too much fun for Chloe---or you for that matter. You lost me with that gallon jug of milk though. What was that all about?
MOM
Post a Comment