Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A clinic day

We had our clinic day yesterday and Chloe looks great. Her white blood counts are doing really good. 10.4 compared to some days last year at .5 or lower and her platletts are over 150,000, which they have been as low as 25,000, so that is great! We are excited about that. Getting her new bone marrow, however, has caused a new allergy which can happen with new marrow. Every week or so she breaks out in a major bumpy rash and her chest hurts and it itches a lot. I took a picture of her lastest out break and they seemed concerned and that we need to figure what it is. The rash broke out this weekend two days in a row. I have been racking my brain. So we will be trying to figure out what the allergy is linked to in the next month, she told me she likes to solve mysteries, maybe she will figure it out.


Last night we went driving around to see the christmas lights, Elsie kept saying "holy crap, that is fancy" at every house decorated to the max. Over and over. So at the end of the night she let us know that she has a new word, holy crap. We figured as much.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Sorry to hear about the ups and downs with Chloe, but glad that overall she seems to be on the better side.
Elise is a hoot and I love your new blog page. So cute.

Melissa Eskelson said...

Holy crap!, that is so funny! ;)
I too love the new festive blog page. Very cute.

I am so glad to hear clinic went well. I hope they can figure out what is going on with Chloe. I am glad to hear, for the most part, that all is going well. It is what we all pray for!

It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving holiday. I love the picture of Elsie at the table. I couldn't help but laugh. I think I would be pulling that face too, with all that good looking food in front of me.

You have such a cute family! We are thankful for so many things, especially as we reflect on them during this time of year --- one being our friendship and association with each of you. You have taught us so much and are truly a blessing in our lives. Thanks!

ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS TOGETHER!

Amie said...

I don't think I've ever commented on your blog, but I really enjoy it and I just laughed right out loud at Elsie saying "holy crap". That's too cute. (leonhardt)

Michelle said...

So glad to hear that for the most part, Chloe is doing so well! We miss you guys!