Tuesday, February 3, 2009
long clinic day
Today was some of Chloe's year evaluation tests. She had a 4 hour long psych evaluation putting together puzzles and taking test, etc. She is doing really good! Her reading and comprehension is at a 6th grade level, and her phonics are at a 12th grade level, that is so great!! However her math levels are only at a 1st grade level and I expected that, math cognitive development I was told, is effected more with all the meds she was on. So we will be focusing on math to get her caught up. She had xrays, breathing tests, labs and they all look good. Her donor cells are at 100%!!! We are excited about that. We have two more of these yearly evaluation, like her eyes and ears and a family consultation in the next few weeks so they will be long days too but we are excited about the good news of today and hopefully good news at all the other ones! Some people have asked if she is able to go out more because there is no cancer in her blood. Although the cancer hasn't come back with her donor cells she still is on her anti-rejection and steroids for her GVHD, and those are immuno-suppressant meds, and while she is on a tapper, they say that her body is more susceptible to viruses. We will still be home bound at least until June, and that all depends on her GVHD. So anyway that is the update on clinic. If anyone has good online math websites send them my way, we have to start working on them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Here is a link that Dylan's school has on their webpage of webpages to aid in learning. Click on the math ones to check them out. Good luck. Too bad we don't live closer so I could tutor her!
http://www.alpine.k12.ut.us/phpApps/genericPage.php?pdid=1312
Good News on her evaluations---both healthwise and mentally. Of course, we all knew she is a smarty! Ha,ha! I'm sure she will catch up on her math with a little help.
Grandma
Some more good news! Don't worry, Chloe will easily catch up on the math! I have listed a site that has some good stuff on it. Hope it helps!
http://www.aplusmath.com
YAY! Chloe!!! She is a very smart young lady and I am sure she will catch up on that math. I bet my math skills are lower than 1st grade, ask my boys! They have to ask their Dad for help because they usually have to help me. And 100% donors!!! Awesome! We still keep you in our thoughts and prayers. We love all of you!
Post a Comment