Sunday, July 26, 2009

Camping in WY

Over the weekend we went camping up in WY. We haven't been able to go for a couple of years so we were pretty excited that Chlo could finally go. All of the girls have been begging to go for quite a while. It was also Rhen's first campout and he loved it. We'll have to remember next time not to give him a jolly rancher because he quickly became a dirt magnet.

Rhen wouldn't eat his breakfast, but when i opened the cooler and he saw the left over hot dog from the night before he was pretty excited. Yeah, i let him eat it raw. And he washed it down with orange juice. It was probably as gross as it sounds, but he was a happy camper.

A little frustrated after many attempts to thread the cap onto the threads. This kept him occupied for a while.

Close-up of dinner, dirt, and Rhen.

Our early riser trying to see what was making the noise in the woods.

Beating up Moose.

Trying to block the paybacks from Moose.

Relaxing with Mom by the fire.

Elsie - the queen of marshmellow cooking. If she torches the outer shell, she cooks it for a second try.

Elsie riding around the place. Chloe spent the whole time riding around on her bike and exploring in the woods so we only have a couple of pics of her. She had so much fun and was sad to leave.

Chlo-pants. Finally caught her by a tree and took a pic. I think this girl is more excited to go to school than any kid I have ever met.

Addie. She's blowing out the flame.

I asked Addie to make a really serious, annoyed with her dorky dad face. I think she nailed it.

This was Elsie's attempt at being annoyed with me. She keeps telling us all about the things she will do when she is a teenager. It has us a bit worried. Maybe she should focus on the now.

5 comments:

Katie said...

I'd like to sign up for a photography class from you Jake. Those are great pictures!

Cutest kids ever!

Stacie said...

Rhen is so cute Addie funny and so is elsie.

Stacie said...

chloe

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fun time! I'm so glad you got to go. I agree...great pictures! I think it is the people in the pictures that make them so great! :) (Oh, and the person shooting them)

Adilade said...

that was super fun!