and this picture is from the back porch of the cabin that is already there. We have gutted it and now will be adding onto it. It has been a long process to get the addition drawn, foundation ready and finally the framer should start framing in a week or two! It is such a beautiful peaceful place and our dream property with full grown trees and great views. When I found out this spring while we were still renovating it to be a cabin that Jake planted wild flower seeds around the house without me mentioning anything about it, I knew this was more than a piece of property to him.
And although it is 10 miles to town, we only have few neighbors, and it snows a lot, I feel peace in my heart that we need to be and are suppose to be there. To be honest the past five years or cancer battling, having to stay home alot and be in hospital rooms has changed me and I am more of a home body these days. Plus there is internet and UPS DOES deliver here :).
It will be our dream house and we feel really blessed to be able to move here. We will miss friends and neighbors here very much, I can't think to much about it right now or I will break down, but you are all welcome to visit anytime. We have a guest room specifically for this reason (wink, wink). We won't move until next summer so our neighborhood is stuck with us for a little bit longer but we just wanted to document our major decision, and let our friends know you will be missed.
3 comments:
WOW!! LOOKS to me like you made the right decision!! What a beautiful place. AWESOME! Can I make reservations already?!?! I am excited for you - my kind of living!
What a beautiful place! I can't wait to see what you guys do. I am glad you guys feel so much peace about making this move. Please post pictures of the progress :)
Congratulations! We love Star Valley, Swan Valley too, so we built a cabin at the north end of Star Valley last year. Every time we go we just want to stay. If Ken could telecommute, we would! Your spot looks amazing. All those trees... sigh. Lovely. You and your kids will be missed.
-Emily
Post a Comment