Sunday, October 17, 2010

will Layla ever get better???


Layla has not been feeling well all week. Monday she started throwing up and hasn't stopped. Luckily she has not thrown up today(sunday). I was really concerned about her on thursday. Wednesday night she went to sleep at 4:30 in the afternoon, and didn't wake up until 8 in the morning. I kept going in to check on her to see if she was still ok. Thursday after her nap she woke up with purple and cold hands and feet. I gave her a bath hoping to warm them up and called for a doc apt. Everything was better than I thought, she was just really dehydrated. She didn't have a wet diaper all day and wouldn't drink formula and threw up gatoraide. so I got some pedialite in singles with a straw and she finally would drink out of a straw. I bought new formula wondering if it was the new formula I got for her (her stomach is so sensitive) her tummy is getting better but man she just cries and that is all around stressful. She is not herself, I don't know what else to do. Her feet are better she has had wet diapers but she still is in pain. Addie said she wasn't looking forward to being a mom to soon, and although that is a good thing right now :) I told her being a mom is the best and most challenging thing in the world.
Rhen, frustrating, stubborn, sweet boy that he is just yells, LAYLA be quite!! He won't listen when I tell him to leave her alone she is sick, so she is screaming and he is yelling. Wow, it has been a week.

2 comments:

Matt and Lena said...

Oh man! Sorry to hear. Hope she gets feeling better soon. Thinking of you!

Gram & Gramp England said...

Man, having sick kids is really the pits. Sorry your week has been so crazy!