Chloe seems to be feeling better today, though her blood counts are still really low. She was just brushing her teeth and felt some knots on the back of her head from laying in bed. She started pulling at the knots and hair just kept coming out in big clumps. There was a big wad of hair in the garbage can by the time she finally stopped. She has a lot of hair though, which is nice i guess, she'll be able to have some longer.
She had her IV's removed and had a Pic-line installed today. She didn't care for the IV's at all; in fact one of them was really painful for her when they gave her meds. She was pleased to have those removed, and so far the pic-line seems ok. We'll see how it is when they have to change the dressing and run 3 or 4 meds at a time on it when she gets her next round of chemo.
The good thing is she's real talkative tonight and has been going on and on about this breakfast uncle Josh made on our backpack trip a few weeks ago. I think it was just some hash browns mixed in with scrambled eggs, but she sure loved them and keeps telling me how good they were. Won't be the same as being cooked over a tiny stove lakeside, but I think i'll ask the kitchen to try making some for her tomorrow.
She's been reminding me of all the fun stuff we did like stay up until 3 in the morning listening to Josh read Charlotte's Web, laughing at Jamie's crazy jokes and just not being able to sleep. I'm really glad we have fun memories like that for her to think about in a time like this. She was laughing pretty hard remembering the silly squirrel and lazy moose we saw, and how we couldn't catch anything in the lake but moss. We didn't quite get our money's worth with the fishing licenses that weekend.
I hope everyone likes the new header on our blog. We decided to jump out of the plane while flying down to Texas last year just to give skydiving a go. It was windy.
It's hard to tell, but thats actually a fake photo, I had some time hanging out here while Chlo was sleeping and it makes me laugh.
3 comments:
I love you Chloe. Love, Rachel Mae
Love the picture!
What an incredible family you are! Full of fun,laughter and love for each other! Awesome example!
We love you! Take care
The Kemps
Hi there! My name is Christine Berry- I'm Cindy's younger sister. I just wanted you to know that my family prays for yours every day- be sure to tell the girls that lots of people they don't even know are loving and praying for them!
Post a Comment