Tuesday, November 25, 2008


I have been reflecting on the things in my life I am thankful for, this year more than any other year, most likely because of the past year our family has had. I am grateful for chloe's cancer free life, she is a fighter and I think of her example everyday. I am greatful for my whole family(especially Addie and Elsie) and lots of friends that has struggled along with her, visited her, helped me at home, helped us laugh and prayed in our families behalf. Now that our crazy year is coming to an end I feel thankful to be more myself. Stress is hard on emotions, personality, and just doing day to day things. I am grateful to feel excitement for things in life again. I am thankful for the things I have learned through cancer and hope I never forget them. For Jake, for being Mr. Mom and holding down a job while I lived in SL. He never once complained when I couldn't stay at the hospital with Chloe, for weeks at a time, while I was pregnant.
Chloe writes in her journal, for school, everyday. I told her this week needed to be about what we were thankful for, so she wrote she was thankful for the doctors and nurses that have helped her get better. Because without them, she wrote, I couldn't get better. We are thankful for all those who helped her for the past 3 1/2 years.
I AM grateful for this year because it brought us closer and we know things that we couldn't have learned any other way. Happy Thanksgiving to you.
picture: chloe is sporting new glasses!!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Hey Chlo-pie! Love the new glasses and your hair is getting so long! Cutie! We miss you guys and hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Karen said...

That was just so beautiful Stacie! Makes me cry! You have such a beautiful family, and that is the GREATEST family picture I have ever seen. It gives me warm fuzzies! We are thankful to have you all in our lives. We love you.

p.s. Chloe, those glasses are so great! I love your hair too, you are growing up so much.

Kristen said...

Wow! Chloe your hair is getting so long!! It's beautiful! You are such a cutie!

Stacie-I look up to you so much! No matter what you go through you are always looking at the good. You inspire me to become a better person! I love you!!

Katie said...

I can never resist that cute Chloe smile!

It was so good to talk to you the other day Stacie! I miss seeing you guys as much but am so happy that things are going well in your world!

angie said...

Chloe your hair is getting so long!What a beautiful young lady you are, you are growing up so fast! Stacie & Jake we all admire you and your family for the example you have been to so many people. Your faith and strength is incredible. We miss seeing you and your cute family! Love you
The Kemps