Wednesday, November 19, 2008

taper paper

Yesterday was clinic and Chloe looks great. We got the prenisone taper!! It will be a three month slow taper but I hope the GVHD stays away this time. We also have to wait at least 3 month after she is off steriods and her anti rejection meds before we can think about school and such. So we are hoping for the best. Jake took her again because Rhen has a runny nose and fever due to teething. So as I talked to Jake on the phone on the way to clinic he informed me that at the LW gas station in Brigham city, along with the gas and mountain dew you can purchase, you can pick yourself up a nice 4 ft doll by the register. You either have your choice of the frilly girly doll, with lots of lace, or you can get an indian girl with the whole getup on. Now this is just a helpful suggestion to those of you who are last minute shoppers who go get gas and think, "dang, I forgot to get my daughter something for christmas." Well if you are anywhere near the LW's in Brigham City you don't need to worry.

So as I mentioned before Rhen is teething. He is getting three of four teeth, which I am thankful for, all my other kiddies didn't get their teeth until 14 months and in Elsie's case didn't get all her teeth until she was almost 3. It is very difficult for Rhen to teeth. He cries a lot can't deal. I am thinking of putting him in a T.A. (teethers anonymous) meeting so he can talk with other babies who are teething so then maybe he won't cry so much. Ibuprofin is his drug of choice, tylenol just won't cut it. So the days ahead are going to be a struggle but in the end we will have a pretty cute toothful grin!
Another thing about Rhen-man is that he learned his first word. I have tried to get it on video but as you fellow parent's know they never perform when you need them to. He learned the word ahh-oo. When he drops his bottle or toys he says ahh-oo. As my sisters can attest my other kids would say a random sound and I would make it into a real word like "oh she said this or that" but they really didn't. So this is how I know it is his first word cause he knows what it means. It is really cute!

We are all doing great. I can' t find the cable to download pics to the computer so I don't have pictures to display. I have some that I want to tell about but that will be for another time. So for now it is just words.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Glad things are going well. Savannah LOVED the letter from Chloe and you can look forward to one soon.

Gram & Gramp England said...

So sad that Rhen is having a rough time cutting teeth! Don't they make a medicine that you can rub on babies gums (Anbisol???) to deaden the pain for a little while? The Ibuprofen should help a lot. Also, they used to make baby chew toys that you could refrigerate and I guess it was supposed to feel good on their gums and reduce the swelling. I didn't ever try them so I don't really know if they help. Maybe you could take a clean wet washcloth and put an ice cube in the center and tie a string around it tight. Wet the ball so it gets cold and icy and I'll bet he will suck and bite on it. It MIGHT help a bit. Just a few thoughts.
Grandma

Davis Family said...

I love hearing that things are going well for Chloe. I hope these next 3 months go well.
Also, sorry about the teething situation. It would be a whole lot easier if they just had them all pop through in a month rather than have things drawn out for so long. I would take one bad month over many long, drawn out months and I am sure they would too!

Kelly said...

That is so fun that Rhen is saying "ahh ohh". I bet that is so cute. Dawson still doesn't say much other than mama and dada. And he doesn't really use them in the right context.