Saturday, April 25, 2009

ronald mcdonald buddies


It has been a year since we busted out of the Ronald McDonald. This is one of my favorite pictures of me and Chloe at the apartment. Lots of times when we go down to clinic we drive past the street where the apt is and I ask chloe if she misses having to live there, and she firmly says no. I am grateful to be able to be home, but I honestly thought she would be further in the healing process. She is so tired of taking her meds twice a day, doing creams, changing dressings, and have a spaceball hooked up everynight and not going to school. She says she is tired of her routine. I don't blame her, because I am too. But I am thankful to Chloe for being such a special girl, I told her that not just anyone can beat cancer twice, and have to stay home all the time and do this crappy routine for four years, yes she is a special girl! I am thankful for my other special girl, Addie, who is a great big sister and who has to give up a lot because of her little sister's health issues. For Elsie who makes us laugh pretty much everyday, Rhen for being able to endure the first six months of his life in caos and having a smile that always melts my heart, for Jake who I could never live without and I am SO thankful not to be in the Ronald Mcdonald apartments. ( I was greatful for it, but don't want to have to go back).

1 comment:

Barbi Mecham said...

Hey Stacie! You are an amazing lady. Thanks for sharing your blog with me. You have such a beautiful family. So where are you these days?