Wednesday, April 29, 2009

the "no" word

Yesterday was a typical clinic day. Chloe's gvhd rash continues. Her creams are now burning her skin, so when I put them on she cries for 20 minutes because it hurts. The docs say that this is normal for the gvhd rash. We are trying a new cream, twice a day and alternating this other cream which has to be put on at different times than the other one. Jake joked that she is going to have to go around naked all day! So there is to be no tapper of her drugs yet. We have a family in our area who gives horse riding lessons and they called to put chloe on the list but of course we have to ask our doctors. They said no, maybe next year. Chloe had to blink away the tears, trying to be strong, and Jake said it was all he could do to not cry as well. We are getting annoyed with the "no" word at our house and shed many tears because of it.
I know that it looks inevitable Chloe won't go to school in the fall, but we started a new prayer in our family to ask specifically that she be able to go as soon as possible. And since we know the power of prayer, we would ask those of you who want to, to pray along with our family that she can return to school next year. I know with the tapper of drugs, she might not start in the fall, we are just hoping it will come soon. This has been really hard on us so we thank you for your care and support.

5 comments:

Cam and Hol said...

We will definitely pray that she can go to school as soon as she possibly can! Fast Sunday is this week, she'll be in our fast as well!

Mandy D said...

We also will be praying for sweet Chloe to be able to go to school as soon as she can!

Godderidge Family said...

I wish Chloe didn't have to deal with this GVHD stuff! It's got to be so hard on all of you. I wish there was something more we could do, but we will for sure pray for you guys. Hang in there!

Ken and Em Sim Family said...

We'll definitely add Chloe going to school to our prayers. I'm glad Activity Days has worked out so far. We love having her there.
-Emily

Anonymous said...

As always we pray for Chloe but, we too, will become more specific in our prayers. I hope that she will be able to go to school this fall. I can't imagine how hard that has been on her (and the both of you). It will be so nice when she can get back all the joys of her childhood...without the creams and the worries!