Sunday, November 22, 2009

Christmas Tree Extraction


The hunt for a Christmas tree this year was pretty uneventful. There was hardly any snow which made climbing the mountain easier, but dragging the tree back to the road a little harder. Moose was in heaven running around the mountains and wouldn't sit still for a photo. Grandpa took a picture just in time to get him in the shot - too bad not all of us were paying attention. We missed Stac, but i think she enjoyed the break. Soon as I left Logan with all 4 kids and the dog alone I wondered what I was thinking, but with the help of their grandparents it all seemed to work out, and Moose didn't destroy anything I am aware of so that was an added bonus.
We forgot Rhen's gloves at Grandma's, but he didn't care. He's tough like that.

Grandma always has fun puzzles and whatnot to keep the kids occupied. Rhen loved this one and played with it for quite a while, in between asking for sips of her diet dew.

Soon as Chloe gets to Grandma's they decide on a puzzle to work on. I think Chloe is a lot like Grandma - loves to read, learn new things and do puzzles. I'm excited for when she can cook like Grandma. Stacie probably is too, because then she can have a break from doing all the cooking.

This is Addie rolling her eyes at me. Dad's grinning because he is pleased he is a grandpa now and his kids rarely roll their eyes at him anymore. This won't be the last time Addie rolls her eyes at me. Love your guts Addie - she's rolling them right now.

4 comments:

Gram & Gramp England said...

Jake - you know english is not my best subject but I think teeth are extracted and Christmas Trees are cut, logged, chopped, or sawn - just for future reference - however trees were being extracted by helicopter in the steep canyon east of Afton this week so come to think of it - I guess they can be extracted. Regardless - happy times and thanks for the visit!

Gram & Gramp England said...

For your information Grandpa---to extract means to remove and that is exactly what Jake was doing with his Christmas tree.
Grandma

Stacie said...

no i am not!

Stacie said...

whoops that was supposed to be me, addie