Saturday, November 21, 2009

is it quiet in here...or is it just me

Our annual christmas tree cutting tradition is a little different this year. It has to be earlier due to a wonderful wedding event of Kinsey's over thanksgiving weekend, and I won't be able to participate because of this big belly I am growing (only 5 more weeks). So Jake went to cut it down this weekend, and I must say I have a pretty awesome, generous, loving husband, he offered to take ALL the kids and the big dog too!! I have to give him a BIG thanks for letting me have some quiet time to get some crafty things done and I must say it is nice to eat a candy bar without any little hands wanting some or noses smelling what you have or ears hearing the tearing of the wrapper and wondering why they aren't getting any! (although that is nice too, just not all the time, you know what I mean moms). I miss them and it is weird to have it so quiet, but I am so glad he was willing to take them to get our christmas tree because they love that tradition. I was thinking as they were driving away how lucky I feel and how I love my family.
Meanwhile I was able to get some canvas's painted, make a quilt for my baby (whose name is still undecided (ugh)), and watch a lame movie that I fast forward most of it. (I wish I could find good movies to watch, the last two I have stopped because I couldn't take it anymore). I hopefully won't be dissappointed in the New Moon saga today, it is always good fun to be with friends and a good chick flick A?

ps I love you Jake!

1 comment:

Darin and Joanna said...

I hear the nursery is darling. I think you should post some pictures since I seem to not ever get a chance to walk a few steps and take a look for myself!