Rhen has been REALLY ornery the past few days, screaming, crying, saying ouch, but I didn't know what was going on. I did a trick I learned by putting hydrogen peroxide in the ear and if it bubbles, there is an infection. It didn't bubble so days went by and he was still a stinker. I wasn't getting any sleep cause he was waking up and then I was feeding Layla as well. Sunday morning he woke up and I mentioned to Jake that he looked like he was drunk, wobbling back and forth. He had his hair stuck to his ears but I thought it was just the orange juice we tried to sooth him with the night before. Jake and the girls went to church so I put Rhen down for his nap. I looked closer to his ears and both were oozing with puss. So I did the peroxide again and sure enough it was foaming up. We took him in and he had ruptured both ear drums! Poor kid.
OUCHY
So he is on some expensive antibiotics and is finally feeling better. His ears are clearing up and he is slowly catching up on his sleep, I however, am not. :) Five kids keeps me very busy!!
3 comments:
Ohhhh! That makes me so sad! Hope he feels better soon!
That happened to Rachel in her right ear when she was about that age. Not fun! We found out a few years later that her hearing in that ear is significantly less than normal. I hope that doesn't happen to Rhen. Poor guy. And good luck with the sleep thing. We miss you guys!
ruptured ear drums are one of the most painful things, poor kid.
I have ruptured a few wakeboarding and the pain was enough to make me lay in bed and pretty much cry.
Hope he gets feeling better, Z
Post a Comment