Saturday, June 4, 2011

day 5 of this nasty virus









Even though she feels like crap this girl can give me a smile when I ask her to. Even if she is crying and I go to take a picture she gives me a half smile at least.

She slept pretty good considering her rash, the vanco meds they give her, gives her a side effect called red man, her head get red and irritated and hot. Although they pre med for that last night she was very irritable and antsy. She kept tossing and turning and moaning.
Her face has infection in it where the most of the virus is, it is puffy and her eye is pretty much swelled shut today. Her IGG levels are low (they are what help fight infection) so they are going to give her a dose of that today, and much to her dismay she will get another picc line. I lost track of how many of those she has had, at least a dozen. Because of her background and what she has gone through is most likely the reason why the virus is so bad. We don't know how long we will stay here, but the meds might take two weeks to give, so we will be coming home with the picc line in place. More dressing changes.
She just said irritated, " I have gone so long without any problems!" Chloe doesn't so things on a small scale, when she does something it is never half effort.

ps

Dear food prep worker man at Primary,
I was so glad to hear your happy voice this morning over the phone. After the years we have been away from here I heard the same, "Hey, and what can we do for Chloe-mae?." and "Is that all we can do for miss Chloe?" You brought a smile to my face to know you are still the happy guy as before. Thank you for always being cheery and for making me smile today.
Chloe Mae's mom

3 comments:

Jake said...

Sooooo sorry she is having to go through this awful stuff! But soooooo happy that it is not cancer again! Please give her hugs and kisses from Grandma and Grandpa!

"Get well soon, Chloe!"

Gram & Gramp England said...

Oops! That last comment was from Grandma and Grandpa England. I didn't know Jake was signed in on his account.

charly said...

so sorry! she is amazing. glad to hear she is doing better. :) hope it's all over soon!