Monday, June 6, 2011

day 7 of this ridiculous virus



Showers fell so good!! Especially if you haven't had one in a few days, plus you have puss all over in it making your hair turn into dread locks. I convinced Chloe to take on this morning. She is pretty tipsy so we had a chair shower. The bath tub (which she would prefer) is communal so she can't use it. I washed and washed and washed her hair trying to get the dreads untangles but alas had to cut some off by the ear and hair line at her neck, we will have to get her hair styled after this is through.
She felt good after it and we put her hair in a braid away from the sores.

Although the sores look better, it is just taking forever for these buggars to crust over. The dermatologist was surprised when she saw they weren't scabbed over by now. Chloe's body just isn't like a normal kids, her body has gone through a lot and doesn't heel as fast. Her swelling has gone down a bit, but has a major headache today. The doctor finally came and answered some questions for me, I was a bit frustrated earlier when the dermatologist came and asked what the doctor thought, I said I don't know to all her questions. I wasn't told much by any of them (maybe I was told but it was Dr Lemons who was on this weekend and he could have told me answers, but his road runner mouth, and my slow brain, didn't mesh). A resident came in just now to help out with my questions and I don't feel as frustrated about it. I should be more frustrated with myself though, because I forget to ask the questions I have, the doctors would answer if I just had the right questions.

I am on a roller coaster of feelings. It is weird to be here, it feels like I have never left this place. But then I remember this will only be for a week or so and then we can go home. I stayed her for 2 months, I can handle it for 7 days. Then I look at her face and see how yucky it looks and feel sad. Like I said, roller coaster.

Tonight we plan to watch a little Clue and maybe even get some popcorn to go with it! Thanks Kins for the delivery!

1 comment:

Spence and Tal England said...

Man Chloe!! I'm sorry you have to go through all this. You are such a strong little girl. Hope you get feeling better soon and can come home!
Tal