Thursday, June 9, 2011

The good and the bad




The good...we are home!!

The bad....She can't go to camp hobe : (


She was really really sad when the doctor told her that. She has to be on iv antibiotics at home for 10 days and I think they do that at camp hobe. I think she will still be a contagious and we don't want to spread it to any immunosuppressant kiddo's. She will be able to go next year, but she wanted to go this year because her great friend Jocelyn is going to be a counselor. We were really done about it. Timing in life sometimes makes me wonder.

Funny thing, I posted the other day that I was so excited about Chloe wanting to do a craft, so I hurried and got something for her to do not thinking at all. Other ICS patients would not be able to use any of the crafts unless they were all cleaned. I choose beads, and took most all of them available so she could have a selection. Well we are now a proud owner of a crap load of beads. Our nurse said,"I don't wanna clean all those beads, why don't you just take them home." That is what we did.

So the good news...we don't have to buy beads for awhile

bad....we will be making book back chains, necklaces and bracelet and whatever else we can think of for a long time ; )
could be worse.


Good news...she got to sleep in her own bed

bad news...we have her space balls back for iv hook up every 8 hours, which brings us reminders of more stressful times.





Good news...her shingles are starting to scab

Bad news...they are starting to itch!


Bad news.... I forgot to hook her up after 8 hours like I was suppose to (shoot)

good news...we don't have to to a hook up at 3 am


I always need some down time when I get home from the hospital, I get into survival mode while at the hospital (be strong, be strong, it isn't that bad being in a small tiny room with a sick child and telling her she can't go to camp hobe, and telling her I don't know how long her face will look like that). When I get home, it all crashes down and makes me sad, so I mostly hibernate for a few days, and just breath.

2 comments:

mallari said...

She is looking so much better and hopefully feeling so much better too. Get well soon Chloe!!

Z

Gram & Gramp England said...

Our trials seems so small and insignificant! Glad to see Chloe looking like Chloe again!
gpa