
Stacie just ran the Ragnar this weekend with Spence, Josh, Jena, Chad, Nathan, Nicole, Melissa, Brett, Brian, Julia and Stacy. Most of you reading this probably know what the Ragnar is, but if you don't it's a relay race (188 miles or something) from Logan to Park City up and over all the mountains a long the way. She was nervous about it because she hasn't had a lot of time over the last few weeks to run hills. She had some really tough legs but ran it well. She was like a little choo-choo train plugging along at a very consistant pace no matter the incline. It was very impressive, but she won't admit it so I am.
Spence trained for 3 weeks and was pretty amazingly fast. He took the legs I planned on running before the nasty shin splints presented themselves. He did them better than I would have, and I was running for months beforehand. He has a natural gift for running I think. If you watch him run he looks completely comfortable like it's the easiest thing to run up a super steep hill. At one point after about 7 miles of running he grabbed a cold dewskie a bystander handed him and pounded it as he ran up a super steep incline. Classic Spence.
Everyone else did great as well. Six of us were in one car and the other 6 in another so we only had everyone together for a few minutes during the whole 2 days. Josh and Stacy were in the other car so I'm not sure how their legs went, but their team always showed up at the exchanges earlier than we planned. Sounds like they had a great time too.
1 comment:
Well done guys and gals!!!
Post a Comment