I just spoke with the bone marrow people to make sure everything was falling into place like it should. They have 3 marrow donors and 2 cord blood donors lined up. They are all good matches and very similar. They have extensive typing done on 1 of the marrow donors and are waiting for the typing on the other 2. Once they receive that, the doctor will determine whether they use a cord blood donor or marrow donor.
Stacie and I have filled out a bunch of paperwork and whatnot for a place called Viacord which will store our baby's cord blood for us. Once Jake jr. is born, the doc will collect the cord blood with that kit and send it off for testing. If it is a good match for Chloe, they will use that instead of the other possible matches from the database. Hopefully everything will go ok with the birth since Stacie has been a bit more stressed this time than her previous pregnancies. Not sure why.
Yesterday a volunteer dropped by and gave Chloe a book about a superhero that fights cancer written by a little boy [treated here]with the help of his mom. With the book she got a cape to wear so that she could be a cancer fighting superhero too. She thought that was pretty cool, and it coincidentally matched her T shirt. So here she is with her super hero cape. I've always thought that capes should not be worn unless they match your shirt. Thats just me though.
3 comments:
Chloe is for sure my super hero! I love my little girl. love mom
she's my hero too. she's so strong!!! What faith children have!!
How cute is that cape! I'm with you, they must match. Good to hear she's doing pretty well.
Stacie, good luck with your delivery, I know it's coming up soon!
Post a Comment