Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Clinic

We had clinic yesterday and it went awesome!! I have been extra worried about her getting sick this week, which I don't know why, maybe being cautious, but I have learned to trust my gut feeling when it comes to this disease but she is doing really well and her numbers were good and we now can go every other week! She is feeling good and looking good so it helps me not to worry so much, but now starts cool season.
We got her steroid tapper which is over not until june. Because it is chronic GVHD they have to tapper really slow, it is harder to get rid of. But I am glad to start the tapper.
The school is still trying to work on the webcam. I was hoping to have it going by now but hopefully soon. Eva Honey, a nice lady in our neighborhood, comes on mondays to teach her grammar and math, which I am so greatful for.
We just hang out at home and I do a little school stuff and crafts with her to help the day go by. She loves to play with Rhen. Addie loves school, she likes her new teacher and tells us she is liking math now cause her teacher explains it in a way that she understands. Elsie likes school and says she doesn't get into trouble but I can't wait to go to parent/teacher so then I can hear how she really is. With my other kids I could go in and help to see how they acted in class, and really didn't have to worry about Addie and Chloe, but now when I need to see Elsie in class and I can't so I am wondering about her energy in class. Rhen amry crawls all over the place and has a smile on is face always. This is my favorite time of the year so I am enjoying the scenery. Jake doesn't like this time of year, because of his allergies. This is when he gets it the worst and he can't breathe. So he hasn't found anything that works, even the *netty pot won't break up the congestion. We don't know what else to do all the extra strength stuff works for only 4 hours in stead of 12. Poor guy. I am glad that after I got pregnant with Addie my allergies went away, but that wouldn't quite work for Jake though.

*netty pot, a small white tea pot looking thing you put water and medicine in. You put the spout in one nose and pour the water in and the water comes out the other nose, breaking the congestion out. :)

5 comments:

Megan said...

So glad Chloe is doing better.

Gram & Gramp England said...

From personal experience---I think most likely what Jake has isn't so much congestion that can be washed out, as it is swollen nasal tissue that closes off the passageway.

melissa said...

Stacie, I was so glad to hear that Chloe's clinic appointment went well. You all deserve good news!

I love this time of year too. I love the smells, the colors, the coolness in the air but yet we still get to enjoy warm days. I personally wish this season lasted longer!

Angie,Rob said...

Glad to hear things are going good at the moment at the England home! I miss seeing you on Sunday's!Know that we are thinking of you and praying for you always! Keep it up Chloe, you're an example to all!
Stacie, I love this time of year also, I can only imagine the paintings you have done of this time of year! Take care! We love you guys!
Angie K

Becky Hull said...

Jake,
My allergy meds did not work the way they should either, so my doctor suggested getting allegra and then when that seems to be wearing off she gave me a nasal inhaler thing that is also for allergies. It worked great this year. Try it, you just may like it!