Chloe started having a flare up of GVHD this past week (limping on her ankle, stomach pain, rash and decreased appetite) so we are back at square one. Full dose of steriods and no tappering. We went to clinic yesterday and I voiced my concerns, and this time they agreed with me (which in that case I am glad, they know now the onset of her GVHD). Sometimes this is just a beast to get rid of and she has two things against her with GVHD, one, she had cord blood transfusion, and two, it is chronic.
I was really bummed out. Steriods change her personality and her appearance, so the set back was frustrating to me. She will be on drugs longer.
Her attitude is great and she is happy and rarely complains, so that helps me. It is just hard to see her different.
The web cam hasn't been working and we both are really frustrated with that. I don't know how to get that moving along. So we do school work at home. The camera was up one day and we could see them but couldn't hear them and that was it. Hopefully someday, because most likely this flare up gauranties that she won't be able to go back until next year (deep down I was hoping she could go back in spring).
2 comments:
I am so sorry Stacie. She is such a sweet girl. You guys don't deserve this, but Chloe is so strong. She is one incredible little girl!! My prayers are with you!
Sorry guys. We are always praying for you.
Post a Comment