Wednesday, October 1, 2008

tender mercies are everywhere

It was nice not to have clinic yesterday! Going another week without it will seem like we haven't been there for a month.
I had a mix up with her steroids and it ended up being a blessing in a way. In all the confusion of her meds I was giving her half the dose of steriods they prescribed, I was in a panic and called the docs. They said her levels have been good so she has done well on half the dose for the GVHD. I was sick to realize that I made that mistake, but they assured me that is will be ok, we just won't tapper for another 2 weeks. I am so glad her GVHD didn't get any worse with half dose, I don't even want to think about it.
Last night I had young women to go to so Jake watched the kids and told me that Chloe complained of a sore throat last night, and this morning when she woke up I asked her about it and she casually said that last night she prayed that is would go away and as soon as she did, it went away. It made me feel so good to know that through all this, all the praying we have done to help her get better has become a habit for her. I remember lots of times, me and her praying together at night to help her feet not itch, not have bad dreams, or not having a bloody nose for 2 hours. She has a lot of faith and I am glad for answered prayers.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Chloe is so cute. Kids are the best.

melissa said...

We can all learn something from a child. I wish I had their faith. Thanks for sharing the story and reminding us all that children are such perfect examples.