Elsie Jane and I went up to Wyoming for a daddy daughter overnighter.

She's a great travel companion because she has so much to say about pretty much everything. She told me all about school and the boys in kindergarten that are trying to be her friend. We were able to listen to all kinds of High School musical songs on the drive. It was difficult for me because my head was in the game, but my heart was in the song. Anyone who has 3 girls knows what i'm talking about.
One great thing about Elsie is she will tell you exactly what she is thinking. While visiting grandma and grandpa she emphatically told Grandpa that I am super fast at tying shoes but he is not because he is OLD!

We made a run up to Cottonwood lake because it seemed like the right thing to do. I was wishing i'd brought some form of small watercraft to go out on the water. The fall leaves made for excellent scenery as you can see.
A few weeks ago coming back from WY saw a couple of sheep hit by cars. Apparently the shephard down at Alred Flats doesn't realize it's a baa-ad idea to keep all his sheep right there by the highway. There were again several graphic casualties and the scene was less than desireable.
6 comments:
Ahhh! I love the lake this time of year. The bright yellow and red leaves look so pretty against the dark green fir trees. It is so quiet and peaceful and the water is so smooth. You can actually feel that winter is soon to be here. I love to drive up to the other end of the lake. Sometimes I see moose foraging in the shallow water or migrating ducks taking a dinner break on their way south. I also can sometimes see otters swimming around along the banks. As you know, one of my favorite things to do is to take a good book, park near the lake and read for a couple of hours As you will recall, that got me into trouble once when I ran my battery dead and I had to walk five miles home from the lake! Ha,ha!
MOM
I don't leave comments much, but I check frequently to see how you guys are doing. I am so glad to hear Chloe is doing good--I pray for you all often. And I have to comment, I too love Cottonwood Lake. Funny thing, my family used to vacation in Star Valley during the summer and we would go to the lake every year--it is incredibly beautiful. Hope you are all doing well.
Your picture looks like a painting. And it looks like you had a great time with Els. Keep it up.
I'm sad that I missed you Jake. I got there the day you left. We sure miss your family.
Sure is pretty.
Sounds like fun! I love your new family pic by the way!
Post a Comment