Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Year

With Stacie's recent flower watering accident, she is unable to type. So i guess I'll have to post up some pics of whats been going on.

This is Chloe last year on the way home from our weekly onc. clinic visit. She and I like to take a shortcut through the mountains on the way home. Takes a few minutes longer, but it's better scenery and by then we can't wait to get out of the traffic.

This last week we decided to take the same picture so we could see what changed in a year. Her hair is getting long and silky now and she feels much better than she did last year. The biggest change for her is that she gets to go to school. She is soooo excited for that. Some things though, never change. She still never finishes the drink she is sooo thirsty for on the way there, and always wants the Noodle Company take out on the way back. She loves noodles of pretty much any kind - which is how she got Noodle as one of her many nicknames.

Stacie and I were filling up her meds the other night and couldn't beleive she is down to so few pills each week. So we had to take a pic. I guess we should have taken one last year so there was something visual to compare against. She used to take a lot more and finally gets off Prograff on Wendsday! That's a milestone for her to finally get off that drug. It will be nice when she is down to the flintstones vitamin only, but for now we're stoked about the progress.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

dad I get off my Prograff on Tuesday 'couse school starts on Thursday.

chlo

Jake said...

oh, sorry Noodle. I guess Wends is the first day you don't have to take it. You would know wouldn't you? since you are the one that takes them. :-)

dad

Karen Russell said...

What great news! I am so happy to hear that Chloe gets to go to school! I can't imagine what she must be feeling like, not to mention Mom and Dad. Joy just fills my heart when I see Chloe doing so great! What a blessing to us all she has been.
Oh and by the way, Marcus also wanted the Noodle Co. after each of his trips to Primary's. He loved Mac and cheese!! Well, any noodles, but mainly Mac and cheese.
Chloe, I hope your first day back at school is the best! We will look for you there.
We sure miss seeing you and I hope Stacie's arm heals quickly!
LOve you all!
Karen