Wednesday, August 19, 2009

well....

Jake and I had a bet, Jake was for a girl and I was for a boy, there was 500.00 on the line, and I guess Jake gets to go shopping. It is a girl!!
It isn't the first or the last time he will be right. I was in shock, made the lady check twice, and asked how often she was wrong (she is never wrong she informed me). She is healthy and that is all that matters. She is on the small side, but that isn't new for my babies. It will still take a few days to let this sink into my brain that is for sure, but we are excited. We put the older girls on speaker phone and told them the news and they all shouted, WHAT? I guess they were as surprised as me.

At least wolf, for a name, is out of the question (Jake)

10 comments:

mallari said...

YAY! I am so excited for you guys! I am so glad that she is healthy. I can't wait to hear what cute girl name you guys choose for this one.

Adilade said...

and we thought it was totally a boy! we got that wrong!! although it will be fun to have a little sister.

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh! What??? Oh that is too funny. I'm telling you Jake, he switched places with her so that she could come down. Ha ha. Congrates guys! That is so fun!

Callie said...

How exciting! Congratulations! I must admit, I'm in a little shock too--you were so certain it was going to be a boy! Girl or boy, I think all babies are great!

Darin and Joanna said...

Holy cow! Are you serious!!!! I thought for sure a boy as well!! But you guys sure make darling girls. I am so excited for you. Boy or Girl I am just glad she is healthy and doing well!

Anonymous said...

What a surprise! I bet a boy too. Either way, like you mentioned, at least all is going well and she is healthy. She is a lucky girl to get to come to such a loving family. Jake & Rhen will find out girls rule! (Actually, they probably already know that!) ;)

Julia said...

Hmmm, I shouldn't say I told you so, but..... I knew it all along!

Gram & Gramp England said...

Congrats Stacie! She will be adorable---and I know she will be much loved even if she isn't a boy!

A lady I know, who already had a large family, told me that she saw a little blond girl in a vision and knew she was going to join their family. Problem was---she had three more boys before she got her. Ha,ha! So I guess you could TRY a couple more times.....Ha,ha!

Jennifer said...

I still can't believe that you are having another girl. I'm so excited to welcome you to the 4 girls/1 boy club! You guys just want to be like us, I know. Ha ha. Just kidding. Jake and Rhen will be extra extra tight. They'll just have to hang with Rich and Ben. We miss you!!!

Megan said...

I am so bad to check private blogs anymore. I am so out of the loop. So excited for you guys. She will be as cute as the rest of your cute girls. Hey add me to your blog email list so I get your posts when you publish them. Love you and loved hanging out the other day!