Thursday, December 10, 2009

A little Rhen time

Rhen favorite time of the day is dinner. He loves having a family dinner, not because of the food oh no Rhen isn't much for food, it is because he knows it is the time his daddy gets home from wort (work). When I start cooking he gets into the cupboard gets his plate and fort (fork) goes and sits on his chair and sometimes waits there for 30 minutes or so.
This night I told him I was going to start dinner so I went over in the kitchen wondering what to make for dinner. I decided something easy, spaghetti. He was over in his usual spot at the table with his plate and fort waiting. It was too early to start spaghetti so I went and sat on the couch. He looked over at me and said, "Hey" He pointed his finger at me and then pointed to the kitchen. So we had dinner early that night but he was all smiles.
Well Rhen, I can't say this is a flattering look for you but what can you do with 3 sisiters. Addie and Elsie love to make him look like a girl even against dad's strong opinion against it. We find him with various hair accessories, nails painted, sparkley purses strapped to him shoulder letting us know there is money inside (he is in love with pennies nickels and dimes).
He even gets mad when you take this ponytail out, well dad it might be time to cut the boys hair if you don't want those girly accessories in it.
Here is Rhen, this is what he does when I get the camera out now days. He talks so much now and repeats everything you say, he is getting more fiesty, those twos are coming soon and I can see a glimpse of them (joy). Pretty much right when Elsie gets home to the time Jake comes home from work, the boy is screaming, don't, stop, or just giving out a loud scretch. But when you see a cute face like this those moments just all melt away.

2 comments:

mallari said...

He's a cute kid thats for sure. You said he likes nickels & dimes, Eliza is the same way. I'll sometimes wake her up in the morning and she has a handful of change and she's been hanging on to it for so long her skin has turned green. Cracks me up.

Anonymous said...

I use to dress all three of my brothers up in girlie clothes, put makeup on them and do their hair. When their look was complete, we would make them pose for pictures. Just so you know Jake, they turned out ok and they are all manly. :) I figured if I took pictures then I would have something to bribe them with later. Rhen is a handsome little guy. (I wanted to say cute, but the word "handsome" was for you Jake)