Thursday, October 22, 2009

BIG boy

Since we are going to be adding a new baby in a few weeks I decided to try a big boy bed for Rhen (just a big matress on the floor until his bed gets made, thanks to Josh). I was worried about it because it is in a different room and I didn't have much success with Elsie. She would never stay in her bed, she would take off her diaper and drop a surprise for me on the floor, scale the dresser causing it fall on her and the usual of crying and crying and crying. Well Rhen has done the exact opposite. He stays in his bed and falls asleep and never plays around, even in the morning he is still on his mattress when I go in to get him. Such a good boy. Tonight I was getting him ready for bed and he saw that I got his cup of milk and his blanket so he ran into his big boy room and jumped on his bed. How sweet.
Tonight instead of reading him a story I decided to sing him a song. So I started to sing, and 30 seconds into it he said, "Mommy, Mommy?" and I said, "what" and then he said, "Stop."
So I guess he didn't want a song. I said goodnight closed the door, and that was that.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I love this story. I so remember the days of Elsie getting a big girl bed. So funny!

Angie,Rob said...

Man Stacie how time flies! Good luck with the new baby! We miss you guys tons!

Kelly Louder said...

I can't believe his in a big bed! I dread doing it with Daws. I'm glad he's doing so well with it.