Friday, October 9, 2009

jet lag is a drag

We had a lot of fun on our trip, good company, good weather (for this time of year we are told) good food (escpecially the fudge doughnuts), and awesome scenery! We have a lot of fun memories we will rememeber forever. I won't bore you with the inside jokes, but we laughed pretty hard about them throughout the whole trip. The history in that place is amazing, everything is old and has stories to be told and it was fun to see them and hear about them. I really enjoyed Bath, Les Mis. (taking place in a theater probably built in the same time the story took place), the Salisbury Cathedral in England, the phone boothe that was in the middle of no where, the funny signs for the elderly, the accents of the people, getting locked in the grocery store employee bathroom (which I thought I was going to be locked in there forever so that wasn't such a fun memory at the time),finding a fudge doughnut, the old shops, the beautiful scenery and the smell (a woodsy like smell), wondering where Cindy went to, keeping up with Jeff's speed walking, and listening to Jake and Jeff's sense of humor, that I love.

The flight home for me was brutal! I am still recovering from jet lag. Jake and I figured we were up on that day for 26 hours!! Wow those were long flights. Three total, and after every layover the plane seemed to get smaller and smaller. On wednesday night we both fell asleep where we were sitting at 7:30 and woke up at midnight to no power in our house and guessing our kids just put themselves to bed. Our kids said they had fun playing a game in the dark with a lite candle (so grateful nothing happened with that lite candle).

It was so fun! I am so glad we got the chance to go and again thanks to Cindy for always having a map, and for Jeff for driving, especially in London, even though we didn't get out of the car when beckoned to. :)

2 comments:

Gram & Gramp England said...

Sounds like such a fun trip, Stacie! I'm glad you guys had a chance to get away for a bit especially after the last few BRUTAL years!

Carol

Godderidge Family said...

A well-deserved vacation for you two! So glad you could go. I'm sure that's a good feeling knowing Chloe is well enough to leave her. I bet she was excited for you to go too! Enjoyed the pics. Makes me want to see it first-hand.