Thursday, October 29, 2009

cord blood

I have been trying to donate my babies cord blood and made many phone calls and finally found a donation program that was able to help, so I went on their website and downloaded the enrollment form. I answered a lot of the questions until I came to the ones of immediate family cancer and disease. I stopped. I told Jake we probably weren't qualified because of Chloe's cancer. I called before I filled out anymore information and mine isn't qualified because of immediate family cancer. I was bummed out. I really feel this is important for reasons that are known, so I am going to post their website and any of you who can or know someone who wants to donate cord blood and is healthy and has no immediate family cancer, and your doctor is willing, please donate (you will also need to call them to see if the company is able to get the blood from the hospital you deliver at. Small Logan was on their list surprisingly). It doesn't cost any money and it may save a life one day.

http://www.cryo-intl.com/enroll/donating/

No comments: