Cancer.
It seems the word is being used more and more often. My heart breaks when I hear news of someone else getting it, or having it return. Tears come often when I think of the ones in hospitals around the world fighting and fighting. I wish I could ease their pain. Our fight was hard and I know the word will always be in our life because we have fought it twice, and I say we because even though Chloe was the real fighter, it is a family ordeal, we all fought for her, but I hope it remains in the past. I know through experience a little prayer will go along way. So as you read this take a moment to say a prayer for those who have to deal with this scary, uncertain, life changing word.
I have been thinking about this word a lot lately. Chloe's D day was this month. 03/04/05. I am not the same person I was before that life changing day, I have learned lessons I would not have learned other wise and I am stronger than I ever thought I was. So these stories I have heard recently of getting the cancer word coming into their life for the first time or again, my heart goes out to them, and I hope they are strengthened.
1 comment:
I have appreciated reading about your fight and am grateful yours is over. Thanks for a great example of faith!
Post a Comment