Thursday, August 14, 2008

a day in the life of Elsie




You may ask yourself, is that snow? Oh no it is hundreds of pieces of packaging styrofoam that our little elsie got all over the front yard ( and notice in the first picture her sneaky little grin, and then the second one realizing she is going to have to clean all of them up). We got a package from UPS today and it is to hard to resist those things so I told her Elsie she could play with them ( first mistake) thinking she would just play in the box with the in it (second mistake). She started throwing them in the air one handful at time, so I just let her know that she would have
to pick them up when she is done. The next thing I saw was the box empty and they yard was full of the little tiny styrofoam. She decided she would get up on the second step of our planter boxes and jump in the box tipping it over and spilling them and them picking up the box and dumping the rest out and played around in them breaking them into smaller peices.
It was getting time for dinner so we went inside letting her know she needed to pick up the mess. She cried and didn't want to pick them up by herself. I realize this is a big job but I warned the girl. Five minutes later Addie came in to tell me the four neighbor boys were out there picking them up and Elsie was just sitting there. Elsie came in moaping. She wouldn't go out and help at all and screamed and cried, so if she wasn't going to help, I had her stay in her room the rest of the night. Leslie and Joanna and her boys, kinsey (who came to our house for a fun visit) and Elsie's sisters are good samaritans, they cleaned up most of the mess. Elsie, well she screamed and cried for a while but then she just fell asleep in her room. Hopefully the lawn mower will pick up the little tiny peices we couldn't get.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Elsie is so funny. She is just like Jonah. He would so do that and then not picked it up. I swear they are twin spirits. I'm glad I can laugh at others when I want to scream at my kids for doing that stuff.

Gram & Gramp England said...

How about a shop vac???
MOM