Friday, August 1, 2008

"just call next time!"

After we were discharged yesterday, after being admitted for 2 hours, one of the nurses said for us to just call next time we want to say hi :).
Luckily it was a short stay, they just keep getting shorter. Chloe had a not so ideal day yesterday at clinic. She had to get poked twice at clinic because they needed her levels but all the steriods she has been on makes it so her veins are small and they hide. So that was miserable they couldn't find them and they had to pull in and out while she screamed, then they came in to tell us they are worried she has GVHD so we need to stay to get a stomachoscopy for it. I was soooo hoping that wasn't the case because depending on how intense the GVHD is the treatment is less than ideal. She would go on steriods, which are not fun at all, and then she can't eat, to give her belly a rest. Now, those of you who don't know about steroids, they make you hungry, I mean chloe could down a whole 12 inch quiznos sandwich back in the day. So the two would be a horrid combo. So I said a quick prayer, we were admitted, she was poked again twice (couldn't find her veins, poor girl) and then they decided to get some x-rays before they go and do a stomachosocpy just to rule that out. I saw the xray when they were done and there was tons of "stuff" blocking the way all up and down her colon. So prayers are answered and we are home. I feel so greatful.

2 comments:

Karen said...

OH, I am so glad you were able to come home. What a relief! I am so sorry about the poking, Chloe... It is NOT fun! Marcus got poked and had to have an IV in his hand for his MRI on Tuesday. He HATES to get poked too. Hope you feel better and all your tummy problems work themselves out. We pray for you everyday!

The Russells

Claire said...

Stacie,

Keep it up and keep advocating for Chloe. As time passes you and Jake will become the experts on her condition. The England's are a strong family and "high functioning" as they say in the medical world. You will get past all this. Keep it up!

Best regards,

Jeff