Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Weekend of August 2nd and 3rd, 2008.

Nothing too exciting has been happening around here which is just fine. Stacie and a friend went to Park City Saturday from morning til night so they could get a break from reality. It probably wasn't a long enough break but I think they had a good time being kidless for the day. It was a much needed break for the both of them I think. All moms should probably get a break like that on a monthly basis. I barely made it through a day alone last week and that pales in comparison to the last 10 yrs Stacie has stayed home with kids.

I had big plans to get a lot of things done Saturday while Stacie was gone. Then I realized I am but one man, with 4 kids. I told Stacie I probably wouldn't do much because i'd be baby sitting, but she says "I do it everyday Jake!" She's probably right, but she should know by now that if she keeps her expectations low she won't be disappointed. So I just mowed the lawn, did some weed eating and sprinkler fixes to try and keep our yard from being the embarassment of the neighborhood. Then we cleaned the house a bit and had the Jones' and Englands (Spence and Tal variety) over for some dinner and dutch oven cobbler that Jason made. I think it was the best cobbler i have ever eaten. Unless someone else reading this has made cobbler that I have eaten - then yours was the best. If not, Jason's holds the title.

Much to Stacie's dismay, our garden boxes in the back yard are not any further along. I like to work on personality traits so i can be a well rounded person - this summer I'm working on procrastination. I've been meaning to tally up the results on how i'm doing but I've been busy. Maybe next week or the week after. Right now I'm just really working on planning ahead. That way I know which direction I'm headed and I don't have to do anything right now.

I have included some pics of Rhen-man about to leave with Stacie for church. He is such a smiley kid. When he's real excited he'll smile real big and tuck his chin into his chest like this. He does this pretty much every time he sees his mom because he loves his mommy like nothing else. Its so funny when Rhen wakes up from a nap because as soon as we can hear him all the girls beg to get him out of his crib and go running towards his room. He's one loved little boy. He'll probably be rebellious because he's smothered all the time. Sorry the pics are blurry but thats the chance you took reading our blog.

This morning our good young men dropped by to give us (Chloe and whoever is staying home with her) the sacrament since she still can't go to church. It's really nice of them to do that for us. All of our kids sat so quietly, even Elsie. I couldn't beleive it because Els was bouncing off the walls this morning. Thats just an expression I know, but Elsie literally does it. She sure is enjoying her childhood which is great and thankfully it seems like she is out of her destroy stuff stage. Now she is into a torment her siblings stage. She gets on Addie and Chloe's nerves and knows it so she just keeps pushing their buttons. It starts as soon as they wake up and goes on pretty much until they fall asleep. Maybe when school starts Stacie will get some of her sanity back, but she will definately miss all the helpers at home.

I hope you all had the best weekend you've had since the last really good one.

3 comments:

Davis Family said...

Oh Jake, you are lucky Clay doesn't read blogs. He doesn't even read ours so you are definitely safe. But the cobbler comment would have crushed him. :)

Rhen is definitely one handsome kid!

Anonymous said...

The Godderidge family continues to admire and appreciate the courage of Chloe and the England family. You have been a great example to us and especially Chanse. We hope that the GVHD can be controlled without all those steroids. Stay strong Chloe.

Kelly said...

What a cute kid! I love reading your blog Jake. It makes me miss you guys. Thanks for the laughs.