Friday, August 22, 2008

Thank you, thank you

I am wide awake at 5:00 in the morning, I can't sleep. I am thinking about an ongoing agruement I had with chloe last night. She can't eat, just drink, she was crying. She is hungry. I was trying to explain to her over and over if she drank a big glass of soda, or fruit punch it would help her tummy fell a little full. She yelled at me and said "I can't drink a whole thing of soda mom." I continued to tell her that if she would just drink it would help her fell better. She had the same response. I tried to reason with her. At least you can drink, I told her. She didn't want to hear it. She cried. Then I think what more would my seven year old have to go through. My thoughts turn to others we have met here and conversations we have with other parents struggling with similar situations, and I take a block of their strength and add it to my own. I think of support of loved ones of family and friends who pray and help out anyway they can, I add a block of that one to mine. I think of nurses here who say your great parents, you are doing a great job and I add block. I think of a wonderful husband who is so loving and supportive, I can add another block. I pray, and add another block. Then I think, ok, I can help my seven year old get through this. It helps my family get through this. So to all those who have added blocks to my life, to help me and my family, I say thank you.

2 comments:

melissa e said...

Stacie,

You are such a strong person. I admire your strength. I feel so helpless when it comes to taking away the frustration you must all feel. I hope the prayers we offer bring you comfort and you can feel His arms around you as an added block of strength.

Thinking of you,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

I have read your blog for quite a while and just wanted you to know that your family has been an inspiration to me. I can see how happy your family is just by your children's faces and I think with all that you are going through that is quite a lot. We pray for Chloe often here and hope things will be totally better someday soon!