I noticed yesterday I refer myself to others as, "I am Chloe's mom". Whether on the phone with the Doctors, using the phone to get into the I.C.S, other mom's at the hospital or others I may come in contact with. My eyes filled up with tears to realized how proud I am to be Chloe's mom. Her sweet spirit, her ability to fight cancer twice, her determination and her cackle laugh. And yes even when she never wants to eat the food I make I am grateful to be her mom. She is my hero. She downs 20 pills a day without complaint and heaven forbid if I forget that dang magnesium pill! She itches all over and doesn't complain, I have to ask her if she would like me to put some cream on it as she itches and doesn't speak up. I complain sometimes that I can't go very many places, well she can't go even less places and when I tell her she can't go, she may be sad, but that girl rarely complains. She is a deep thinker. We had a family home evening a couple of weeks ago about talent's and we all wrote down talents we thought the other members of our family had. Elsie said that Chloe has good manners. So that week we were suppose to work on one of them so they don't go to waste. Well we all pretty much forgot, except chloe. We were in the car eating after clinic and I gave her some food and she said thank you. She said, "I have been working on my talent of having good manners this whole week!" I remember her being so polite the whole week and never gave it a second thought. She is such an example. Then today she went and unloaded the dishwasher without me asking! I am grateful to be her mom!!
Well, she just informed me that when I pick up her pills she would like some rolls, pink milk powder, and animal cookies with frosting. Those are her list of favorite things to eat right now and she wants them all the time. So off I go to get my chlo-pie some goodies.
3 comments:
Your family is just beautiful and an inspiration. I hope you don't mind, I have been following Chloe's story and I check in from time to time. I am amazed by every post at your attitudes and I can always tell there is a lot of love in your family. I'm glad she is doing so well and pray that things will only get better for you all.
Very inspiring Stacie - Chloe is a great example to us all but I think "MOM" ranks right there on top with her! We are so thankful that she had you as a mom through it all! We are very proud of you - your tireless service to Chloe and positive attitude in this fight!
hudson
Stacie, I am grateful to you and how you keep us in check on the things that matter most! Chloe is very lucky to have you for a mother and in turn, you are lucky to have her as a daughter. You both have been a great example to all of us. I know you will always have a very special relationship because of the challenges you have been through. You have worked hard together! I think the world of you and I admire both you and Chloe's strength. You amaze me!
Post a Comment