Addie is excited it is the last day of the 4th grade, but wants her teacher, Mrs Dattage, to go to the 5th grade. She really liked her.
It was a really hard year for our family and Addie stepped it up and was able to take responsibility for her own homework, tests and other problems that came up. There were many times when we had to drop everything and head to SLC for Chloe. She rarely complained about having to give up certain activities or missing out on events at school to do so. She is such a good big sister. I'm sure it was not easy for her to be herself and try to live a normal life with everyone always asking her how Chloe is doing - not so much how she is doing. But she was always supportive of Chloe and understood that we didn't have a choice in the situation and that we would just have to do our best, work together and pull through. It was hard for her to not have a whole family together and not have her mom there (in person) to help her and talk to for weeks at a time. Doing that by phone is great, but it's just not the same as having your mom there with a shoulder to lean on. Addie has had to sacrifice a lot over this last school year and probably doesn't get enough recognition for being such a tough and good girl. We are very proud of her for being a good example to us and doing so well in school despite all the chaos. She has grown up through this whole thing too, and so we say "good job Ads!!" We love your guts! I'm serious.
5 comments:
Way to go Addie! Grandma and Grandpa are very proud of you also. You are our FAVORITE oldest granddaughter! We love you!!!
GRANDMA
Addie, it is hard to be the oldest sister! I am one too. There is a lot of pressure on you and a lot of responsibility. Your family is so lucky to have you. I know, from experience, it isn't easy being the oldest and you have especially had unique circumstances. You have done an awesome job and should be proud of yourself. You are an outstanding older sister and daughter. I can see why they are so proud!
Addie, you've got to quit growing! You are going to be in the 5th grade?!!! Wow.
Wow, Addie... you have grown up so much! You are a very special girl with an amazing family. I know things must be so hard for you at times, but you handle it so great. I am so glad I have gotten to know your family. YOU ROCK!
Addie, I agree with Melissa. It's hard to be the oldest sometimes!I am the oldest of 9 children!! And lots of times, I felt like I was their MOM!! But you know what? You will always be so special to them and they will always look up to you and think you are the greatest.
You are a very special, strong little girl to handle things so well. What a blessing to your parents!! And I agree---wow, what a PRETTY girl you are.
Post a Comment