Monday, December 10, 2007

Boozer and Okur

Today wasn't really any better than yesterday as far as Chloe's health goes. Actually worse since her ANC is 0. Sounds like we'll be here for a while. At least that's what Dr. Barnette tells me this morning. We were having a good chat about the bone marrow protocol and whatnot until we were interrupted by a visit from Carlos Boozer and Mehmet Okur. Welcomed interruption though as it quickly changed the discussion from heavy to light. Not that basketball isn't a serious sport. Mehmet and Carlos play basketball for some NBA team - I think it is called the Utah Jazz. Ha ha, just kidding. No seriously, if Spence hadn't come to live with us at the first of the year there is a good chance i wouldn't know which team they played for if you just told me their names. Sorry, i just don't follow sports very well.


I have to say though, i've watched them play a few times with Spence and they are a delight. Both were very nice guys, and fairly tall. They were laughing at how cute Chloe was looking up at them through the window on her door (she couldn't leave her room today because her counts are so low). There were also some jazz Dancers, they would probably feel bad if I left them out. I think their names were Jocelyn and Bridget. So i hope there isn't a problem with me posting their picture here. I had to sign a waiver to allow them to use the pictures they took of us... but I think that is because they wanted to include Chloe's name and diagnosis. I guess i'll know if I get sued. Carlos and Mehmet and the dancers signed Chloe's ball which we now throw back and forth in the room when we get bored. It's bouncy.

After the Jazz stopped by a volunteer came by with a Dalmation Fire dog. I was really surprised they let a dog on the floor, but we just had chloe wash up real well immediately after he left. The Jazz guys were not expected and kinda stole the thunder from the dog for most kids. Chloe thought it was cool to see a dalmation though. He was a nice dog, but no Stacie, I'm not persuaded to get a pooch.

After the dog, chloe got a visit from Aunt Kinsey again which she had been looking forward to all day. Kinsey was heart broken that she missed Carlos Boozer since he is her favorite player. She brought some orphan chips and Nacho Libre to watch and Chloe was very pleased. Thats about all the exciting stuff for today.

No comments: