Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. We are so used to having a bunch of family around and being up at my parents for a few days - it is a little weird to just be by ourselves at home. But, it's great at the same time to just be together with our new little boy. Stacie really needs to just relax too. Thanks to Stacie's planning ahead, Santa still managed to visit us. Addie, Chloe and Elsie had a fun time with their new dolls and scrubs. They have been practicing being nurses taking care of each other, their dolls - and Rhen. He probably feels a little smothered at times. Elsie just wants to be around him all the time.

So when he was born they took some blood samples to send down to Primary C's but as our luck goes, the Courier left the blood sample in his car for 3 days - they just found it this morning. I don't know what he was thinking - maybe he wasn't. Seems like some blood samples might have some kind of priority to get delivered before they are no good, but he must have had other things on his mind. It happens I guess.


So Stacie had to take Rhen in for a poke this morning, then they called us back saying they used the wrong tube(?) so the poor little boy had to go back this afternoon for another poke. I guess it had to be done today to get testing complete by Friday. We won't know if he is a match until next week at the soonest I think. If he is not, we have another donor lined up and ready to go.

It's a releif to have Rhen here and the pregnancy over... but it's a little unnerving at the same time since it puts us that much closer to the BMT. We have events in our mind of what leads up to the transplant... like Christmas, Birth of baby, etc. We're running out of things that will happen first, so now the scary nervousness is setting in - well, more than it had before.

I told Jen Jacob i'd post some more pictures of the man of the house, so here they are. You can click on them to make them bigger. The one with him crying is cute, but i probably should have helped him instead of taking pictures. I think Jen is getting excited to have their little boy who should be coming in just a couple of weeks. We're excited to see him too. I just hope he likes to sing and dance because Rich loves singing and dancing (that may or maynot be true).

6 comments:

Kristen said...

I still can't believe how adorable Rhen is! He is so cute!! I am nervous for you thinking of the BMT but hopefully it will do Chloe some good! My prayers are with you!! Much love!!!

Davis Family said...

He is such a handsome boy!

chad and brook said...

HolySmokes!!!! That kid is so stinkin CUTE!!!!!!!

Cindy England said...

What a beautiful baby! I've thought about you often this Christmas and am so grateful you could be all together. It made me that much more thankful to get with my family too.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

He is sooo cute!!! It almost makes me want to start a blog so we can show off our little guy. I am so happy for you guys that you get to hold him already! Thanks so much for posting the pictures. As for Rich, singing is alright, but dancing is out. Thanks for the laugh...take care!
Give Chloe a big hug from us and keep posting pictures!
Jen J.

Katie said...

He is so, so so cute! So glad he's here and healthy.