My dad just posted this picture and it brought back a lot of memories. This is Stacie at 17 with my first cruiser. I bought her those hiking boots for her birthday and we drove the FJ40 up as far as we could get, then hiked the rest of the way up to a waterfall. We met when she was 16, i was 17. I was hooked right away and we've been pretty much inseperable since. We had a lot of fun in that old cruiser roaming all over the mountains around Ogden Valley. There was plenty of time to talk since there was no radio. Stacie got to listen to lots of dry humor and sarcasm, but we bonded. She still listens to it today, and loves it. 4 kids, 9 moves, and a couple of cruisers later and I'm still whipped. Stacie looks pretty much the same. I'm 25 lbs heavier and going grey. Love ya Stac. To me you're kind of a big deal.
Monday, June 9, 2008
Girl Standing on Bumper
My dad just posted this picture and it brought back a lot of memories. This is Stacie at 17 with my first cruiser. I bought her those hiking boots for her birthday and we drove the FJ40 up as far as we could get, then hiked the rest of the way up to a waterfall. We met when she was 16, i was 17. I was hooked right away and we've been pretty much inseperable since. We had a lot of fun in that old cruiser roaming all over the mountains around Ogden Valley. There was plenty of time to talk since there was no radio. Stacie got to listen to lots of dry humor and sarcasm, but we bonded. She still listens to it today, and loves it. 4 kids, 9 moves, and a couple of cruisers later and I'm still whipped. Stacie looks pretty much the same. I'm 25 lbs heavier and going grey. Love ya Stac. To me you're kind of a big deal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Jake you are so CUTE!!!
Stace is an awesome girl, I must agree.I have been very impressed by your relationship. It is so obvious you two are so in love and best friends.I have noticed what cute things you say about her. You are one of the few "good guys" left.I'm glad Stacie got you!
I remember those days too just like it was yesterday.. Me listening in on your phone conversations without you knowing, following you guys around everywhere you went trying to be cool like you, wait a sec... i still do that, some things never change i guess.
Jake you make every guy/husband look bad, but I will still keep mine.
Jake & Stacie, you are such a cute, devoted couple! Your children are so lucky to have been born into such a loving family.
Stacie, you haven't aged a bit. You look great! I think Jake needs to take a "this-is-now" picture of you on the new Cruiser. That would be great for the scrapbook.
I'm glad you have eachother!
Post a Comment