Friday, June 13, 2008

the old switcheroo routine again...

I switched Jake for the weekend so he can get a break, it gets old hear fast. I feel sad we can't celebrate father's day together, and I feel sad this being the second time I have wanted to make a cherry pie for him and can't. The first time was on his birthday and we were here dealing with her relapsed.
She is not having the line surgery today. They couldn't fit her in and I am glad they told us before I had her starve the whole day like last time. I don't know how long we will be here. This bug she has is hard to get rid of and it has to be gone before she has a picc line put in, so I guess we will try to enjoy a quiet weekend making necklaces and bracletts, coloring pictures and in the mix hopefully getting her line out. Thanks for prayers in her behalf.
This shows us that we just can't assume that things are getting less worrisome. Addie said it right, when we found out about the new bug Chloe has and I was crying for Chloe, that cancer shouldn't even exsist!

3 comments:

Davis Family said...

I am sorry you guys have to spend more time in the hospital:( If I knew how to bake a cherry pie, I would bake one up for Jake. We may just have to make a dutch oven cherry cobbler to make up for the pie :)

Cindy England said...

Wow, I've thought over and over again reading your blog what an example you are to me about really enjoying being together as a family and finding things to do that are fun! I'm bummed out you have to be apart again for awhile. Let Chloe know we're always praying for her (and all of you) and hope you can all be home together again SOON!! Love you!

Melissa e said...

I agree with Addie too, cancer shouldn't exist! It brings with it a lot of tough situations! I sure hope they can get this bug taken care of fast and you can all be back home together again. We haven't quit praying for Chloe. She is a part of every prayer and our daily thoughts. I think my kids would pray for her even if they were asked to pray at church. Thanks for keeping us posted. We look forward to good news soon!