Just this morning I heard from Claires dad. Claire is a tough little girl from CO that just went through the same protocol that Chloe has been going through. Claire and Chlo correspond from time to time and so do her dad and I. Poor Claire had a really hard day yesterday and was flown back to the hospital. This is the second BMT patient I have heard about this week that is having a hard time. The other is a young man from Smithfield. After hearing about them both I thought to myself, 'Don't get too comfortable, Chloe could have problems at any time.' As nice as it has been to be home and for Chlo to be able to play and do more normal things, we're not in the clear. Just then Stacie called me from Clinic in SLC.
Ironically, Chloe is having complications today. Stacie took her down this morning to clinic. Her appointment actually wasn't until tomorrow (my mistake), but since they drove all the way down they saw her anyway. Chloe had just then spiked a fever. And, because her Broviak line shows signs of infection and she has a horrible rash around the site (a GVHD rash) we won a 3-5 day stay at the ICS. She was admitted at noon so I drove down to stay with her so Stacie could be home with Rhen. He's still a momma's boy. As Stacie mentioned before Chlo has been really favoring her ankle and has been having a hard time walking. We are about to go down for an xray to check it out. Dr. Pulsipher thinks there is a chance it could be a bone infection. I'm not sure exactly what that means, but it sure doesn't sound good to me. We're praying its nothing to worry about, but we're still worried sick. She has a fever of a 103 right now, and they started her on some antibiotics. Hopefully they will do their job and get rid of the infection. It could be worse.
On a posotive note, we scored and were admitted to a room with about 4 sq ft. more than the regular rooms and it feels huge. We just got the Planet Earth series on DVD so I guess Chlo and I will have some time to watch them all.
Hopefully Chlo, Claire and Chanse can get better and bust out of the hospital sooner than later.
3 comments:
So sorry to hear you're in the hospital. We will be praying extra hard for ya Chloe! Be tough!
Love you all
Sorry about this little setback (hopefully it is just a little one!) I'm glad you are down there where you can get help if need be.
Love you both!
MOM
Sorry you're in the hospital, Chloe! What a bummer! We have planet earth too and love it - I hope you do too. Hope your fever goes down and you feel better really fast. Love you!
Post a Comment