Saturday, June 7, 2008

Little Red Riding Hood

Today Stacie rode in the Little Red Riding Hood all womens ride here in Cache Valley. Money raised from the ride was donated to the Huntsman Center for cancer research. From what they say over 2500 women showed up to ride. There were several routes depending on how many miles you want to go - ranging from 36 miles to 102 miles. Stacie opted for the 36 mile route since she has only been able to ride her bike a couple of times this year. The pic looks sunny, but we must have gotten one of the few blue patches in the sky because it was a stormy morning. She was pretty cold and got wet as it rained pretty steady for the last 10 miles or so. Despite the rain and cold she had a lot of fun and plans to do it next year as well. The Wellsville mountains were beautiful this morning with clouds rolling over their snowcapped peaks and seeping down the green hills where the sun had lazily pushed it's way through the clouds here and there - made us grateful to live here.


Rhen and I went to see her off this morning. I don't think Wellsville has ever seen so many cars - or women for that matter. Later the girls and I caught up with her about 20 miles into it to cheer her on. There was a group of a few people on the stretch of road where we found her and Stacie happened to be in front of them so Chloe says, "Mom's gonna win the race - Unless Lance Armstrong is here, then he'll win it."

7 comments:

Megan said...

Way to go Stacie!

Gram & Gramp England said...

Yea Stacie - lookin good!!
h

Gram & Gramp England said...

Man, Chloe cracks me up! The funniest things come out of her mouth! She's a real thinker isn't she? Ha,ha! Way to go Stacie! Not bad for a mom of four!
Carol

Stacie said...

It was really fun, I am so glad it did it. I wished I would have gone farther, but next year!
It was stinkin cold on the way back and probably the reason I made it is because I couldn't feel my legs. haha. I rode for Chloe and to get my own frustrations about cancer out! I enjoyed it.

Kelly said...

Good job Stac! Looks like fun, minus the weather! I'd come do it with you if I had a bike! Hopefully next year will be warmer for you. You'd think, it being JUNE!!!!

Darin and Joanna said...

Way to go Stacie! I am truly inspired!! That is a long way to ride a bike....my bum hurts thinking about it!

melissa e said...

Stacie, what a great thing to do! You continue to set the example. Watch out Lance Armstrong! :)