
Chloe took this picture while i was flushing her line and said, "put this on our blog and say, 'this is how we flush my line'". So here it is. Some Saline, tapped not shaken. Chased down with some Heparin, the yellow seringe variety. Must be with a twist of lemon?
So I was downloading the pics and saw all of these that we had taken or Chloe had. So I figured why not document a day in the life of Chlo.

Meds in the morning. A couple of prograf, 3 antibotics, 1 Sirolimus, and a flask of actegol to wash it down. Half of what it used ot be so thats nice.

Then we argue about her eating something that she really loves, but just doesn;t want to eat. Even though she asked for it. She often ends up with a dose of benadryl because her somach hurts her still.
Watch something. Scooby Doo, or Ice Age are her favs. Sometimes she just hangs out next to me while I do some work if she's not feeling so hot. She's a cuddler so she is usually right by my side whatever i am doing, which is fine with me.

Play some games on the computer for a bit. PBSkids, A spelling game, or whatever. She's been learning some big words lately.
Play and be silly while putting away laundry.
Take pictures of her surroundings. She likes to take pictures.
Take other pictures of random things.
Cook some lunch that we will argue about eating. She actually ate well today.

Play with Rhen if he is around. My fuzzy headed buddies. He's at home with Stacie this week, but it was a cute pic so I had to include it.
Hook up her IV backpack and wander around the apartment looking at stuff. Read a book, do a school workbook or make a craft. If it's nice outside we'd go out on the patio for a bit, but its been raining all week down her.
Color for a bit.
Read ours and our family or neighbors blogs. She likes to keep current with the goings on.

Take a random picture of herself.
take more random pictures of her surroundings. yep that's nacho with his pants on fire. I smell cookies.
Ask dad to do something she can take a picture of. Thats all I've got.
Argue about eating more than two bites of dinner.
Hang out with dad doing whatever we feel like. We have lots of options so I just couldn't nail down a single picture to put here. We usually read a book, or just talk about stuff; you know, politics or the health care system. Maybe fold some laundry or play xbox. She just learned how to do a backflip on the motocross game so she's pretty stoked.
Take nightly meds. About the same as the morning, washed down with actegol again.
Then it's off to for teeth brushing, prayers and all that jazz. Then we read the BFG, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or Alice in Wonderland. Those are her faves these day. Sometimes there are more exciting things like dressing changes or clinic appointments but I didn't have the photos. We had a visit from home health care but i forgot to document that one on film.
I've been missing Addie and Elsie because i'm usually with them, but I love hanging out with Chlo-pants, even if it has to be here. She's a character. As an update on Stacie's post - she hasn;t had a fever and her broviak site doesn't hurt when touched which they usually do if infected so we're praying it's going to get cleared up with the dressing treatment.
Speaking of Heparin - not a good headline to see on MSN when your daughter has taken it:
2 comments:
It was fun seeing so many pictures of Chloe! I am also glad you did a run down of a typical day with you guys. Tell Chloe hi for us!
What a day for Chloe! Whew, she must be wiped out! But she looks wonderful and nails look great! She's quite the girl! What is her secret?
Thanks for such great pictures of Chloe and a great one of you too, Jake. We are counting down the days with you!
Marcus, Aaron, Noah and Jackson say hi!
Post a Comment